Today we had the wonderful opportunity of talking with the 4th grade students of Cathedral of St. Raymond School in Joliet, Illinois. The day before we skyped, our class explored Joliet on Google Earth and talked about what we thought our new new friends might be like. Here are the ideas we brainstormed:
We imagine that you do not have to wear school uniforms...that you have a very big school...that many of you have digital cameras at home and your teacher shows you how to do a lot of cool stuff with technology.
So what stood out to you about our classes? How are we alike; how are we different? What other questions do you have for one another? Let's blog about it :)
Questions some students still had for our new friends:
1. What are some of your favorite types of technology to use? --Brittany
2. Do you have any skate parks in your city? Do any of you like to skateboard? --Seth
3. Is your class learning a foreign language in school? --Hunter
4. What are you favorite types of music/artists? --Mitzi
5. What advice would you give us about becoming better bloggers? --Miss Gomez
PS. A special thank you to two of our students, Taylor and John, who took pictures and videotaped our Skype session! Here is John's first video:
Skype Session with Students from Joliet, Illinois from K Tripp on Vimeo.